- The applicant must be a paid member of NAVHDA.
- The applicant must recruit 5 or 10 new International members into NAVHDA within a calendar year. Applicants recruiting 5 new members will receive a hat with an embroidered patch with the words, “Member Recruitment Award”, and the year of award. Applicants recruiting ten (10) new International members in a given year will receive an embroidered shirt with the words “Member Recruitment Award” and the year of the award on one side of the front of the shirt and a NAVHDA logo on the other side of the front of the shirt. Breeders will have the option to have their kennel name added. The recruiter will also receive an award certificate from the Central Office. All winners will have their names published in the VHD.
- For purposes of the award, new spouse memberships do not count toward the award, but new junior memberships do. Additionally, individuals recruited to return to NAVHDA after at least a one-year International membership hiatus will be considered as new members for the purposes of this award.
- Breeders wanting their kennel name on the shirt must have a Registered Kennel name with NAVHDA.
- Members are not limited to one award per calendar year. It is the member’s responsibility to apply for the award by December 1 in order for the award to be presented at the Annual Meeting in January. Application may be made at any time during the year. The Central Office will verify the information and a hat, or shirt, and certificate will be awarded for each award earned. Any application made after that date will not be denied, but will be awarded the following year.
- Additionally, the two award winners recruiting the most new members in a calendar year will also be recognized by Purina. Eight (8) large bags of Pro Plan Performance will be provided to the person recruiting the most new members and four (4) large bags to the person recruiting the second highest number of new members.