Litter Registration Instructions and Forms
- Effective September 1, 2021, the primary dam owner must have an active NAVHDA membership at time of litter registration.
- Every litter whelped after September 1, 2019, both the sire and dam of the litter must have DNA samples submitted through NAVHDA at the time of registration. Click here to purchase A DNA kit from NAVHDA.
- For Multiple-Sired Litters contact the NAVHDA office for instructions. DNA certification will be required.
- A $25.00 late fee is required if it has been more than 12 months since the litter was whelped.
- All Litter Registrations must be printed out and signed by all relevant parties prior to submission. Electronic signatures are not accepted.
Litter Registration & Prepay Puppy Registration Options:
When the new puppy owners and puppy names ARE NOT known at the time of the litter registration, the breeder will receive a Prepaid Puppy Registration Application for each puppy in the litter.
The puppy buyer can use this application to register their new puppy with NAVHDA at no charge.
When the new puppy owners and puppy names ARE known at the time of the litter registration, the breeder will receive a Certificate of Registration and Pedigree for each puppy.
For the puppies that do not have an owner at the time of the litter registration, the breeder will receive a Prepaid Puppy Registration Application so that they can be registered later with NAVHDA at no charge.
Processing fees are nonrefundable and all fees are subject to change without notice.
Be sure all parties have signed in the required spaces and email completed forms to , fax to (847)255-5987 or mail to NAVHDA, P.O. Box 520, Arlington Heights, IL 60006-0520.
If you require assistance email NAVHDA at or call (847)253-6488.